HIPAA 202: Get your HIPAA Score – How to Create an A-Z HIPAA Program
This course is accredited in the following states:
Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming,
This course is accredited in the following Canadian Provinces:
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Yukon,
The More Courses You Take, The More You Save! Now You Can Bundle Webinars & Recorded Classes!
If You Purchase 6-9 Hours Use Promo Code “6hbc” During Check Out & Save 10%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
If You Purchase 10 Hours or More Use Promo Code “10hbc” During Check Out & Save 20%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
To access the meeting room log in to your home page at www.ccedseminars.com and click on purchased course. You can log in & out of the meeting room as needed! (The meeting room may take 30-60 seconds to load depending on connection speed.)
Proof of attendance can be printed from your account upon course completion.
Topic: HIPAA 202: Get your HIPAA Score – How to Create an A-Z HIPAA Program
Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Ty Talcott, DC, CHPSE
Course Description: Unfortunately doctors often think they are “probably okay” when it comes to HIPAA compliance, but the fact is compliance does not happen by Accident! This course offers a type of self-audit, so that an office can see where they stand relative to meeting the HIPAA requirements. This class also contains information regarding the standards that must be met to be compliant, and how to start down that path toward an A-Z HIPAA program.
- Review Ransomware – the new $100k per occurrence chiropractic problem.
- Video interview with a small chiropractic office hit with a ransomware attack and the resulting struggles.
- Walk through components of a HIPAA program for self-assessment.
- Review the table of contents of a typical HIPAA manual, and discuss each section relative to meeting requirements for an A-Z program.
- Aid doctors in evaluating their state of preparedness relative to meeting the legally required HIPAA standards.
- Breakdown how to simplify the implementation and maintenance of an appropriate HIPAA program in the typical chiropractic or multidisciplinary clinic.
- Outline how weaponized cyberattacks can CLOSE your office forever and fry your hard drive.
- Discuss how to prevent ransom ware attacks
Dr. Talcott has consulted to thousands of healthcare practices relative to business development and protection. He is a sought after speaker who has led numerous seminars, keynote speeches, and has been on the cover of several magazines. Dr. Talcott has presently instructed over 100 webinars and 90 live events relative to HIPAA and government compliance for 38 chiropractic associations and five chiropractic colleges, as well as independent medical organizations. He is a founding partner in an independent physician association that credentialed participating doctors for contracting with HMO’s and PPO’s. He has had numerous articles published relative to the onset of and participation with managed care, and over a dozen articles regarding HIPAA compliance. Dr. Talcott served on the Governor appointed Workers Compensation Commission in Texas, and he has founded and chaired two hospital departments.
Before you start the presentation, please read this important information:
- Be sure you are using a computer with speakers and turn the volume up or you will not hear the presentation.
- Once the Presentation window opens, allow a few seconds to a couple of minutes for it to load.
- There are controls on the bottom of the presentation window to allow you to back up or pause the presentation. You may need to use the side scroll bar to see the controls (this depends on your screen resolution).
- When you are done viewing the presentation, close the presentation window. If you do not complete the course you may restart the program at any time by clicking the course link in your account.