HIPAA 201: This year's HIPAA updates from Washington DC – You are at risk for getting audited
This course is accredited in the following states:
Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming,
This course is accredited in the following Canadian Provinces:
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Yukon,
The More Courses You Take, The More You Save! Now You Can Bundle Webinars & Recorded Classes!
If You Purchase 6-9 Hours Use Promo Code “6hbc” During Check Out & Save 10%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
If You Purchase 10 Hours or More Use Promo Code “10hbc” During Check Out & Save 20%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
To access the meeting room log in to your home page at www.ccedseminars.com and click on purchased course. You can log in & out of the meeting room as needed! (The meeting room may take 30-60 seconds to load depending on connection speed.)
Proof of attendance can be printed from your account upon course completion.
Topic: HIPAA 201: This years’ HIPAA updates from Washington DC – You are at risk for getting audited
Credit hours: 2
Instructor: Ty Talcott DC, CHPSE
Course Description: This two hour course will reveal the latest information from the annual HIPAA and Cybersecurity symposium in Washington DC regarding their enforcement activities, what they are looking for, who they are after, and what they are doing to them. This critical information changes every year, and the complaints the Office of Civil Rights must investigate (from patient complaints, ex-employee whistle blowers, physical and data theft incidents etc.) have increased by 500% in recent years. Compliance does not happen by Accident! If you THINK you are compliant then you are NOT. This course explores these issues and what to do.
- Nebraska investigative report (News cast- top story) chiropractor surprise HIPAA violation
- Examples regarding doctors caught unaware and penalized via HIPAA complaints
- Top finable offences - how chiropractors get caught
- Most frequent reoccurring offences
- Detail requirements under HIPAA
- Detail investigations into dual fee schedules
- Discuss the new enforcement attitude in Washington DC (per the most recent Washington DC cybersecurity and HIPAA symposium)
- How ‘Weaponized cyberattacks’ that can CLOSE your office forever and ‘fry’ your hard drive.
- Develop awareness regarding the ever-increasing number of complaints against doctors, by patients and ex-employees.
- Discuss what the enforcement agencies are looking for to issue fines and penalties, per the Washington DC HIPAA and Cybersecurity Symposium.
- Expand awareness regarding the multiple ways doctors are ‘caught’ regarding HIPAA violations.
- Relate information to help simplify the implementation and maintenance of an appropriate HIPAA program.
Dr. Talcott has consulted to thousands of healthcare practices relative to business development and protection. He is a sought after speaker who has led numerous seminars, keynote speeches, and has been on the cover of several magazines. Dr. Talcott has presently instructed over 100 webinars and 90 live events relative to HIPAA and government compliance for 38 chiropractic associations and five chiropractic colleges, as well as independent medical organizations. He is a founding partner in an independent physician association that credentialed participating doctors for contracting with HMO’s and PPO’s. He has had numerous articles published relative to the onset of and participation with managed care, and over a dozen articles regarding HIPAA compliance. Dr. Talcott served on the Governor appointed Workers Compensation Commission in Texas, and he has founded and chaired two hospital departments.
Before you start the presentation, please read this important information:
- Be sure you are using a computer with speakers and turn the volume up or you will not hear the presentation.
- Once the Presentation window opens, allow a few seconds to a couple of minutes for it to load.
- There are controls on the bottom of the presentation window to allow you to back up or pause the presentation. You may need to use the side scroll bar to see the controls (this depends on your screen resolution).
- When you are done viewing the presentation, close the presentation window. If you do not complete the course you may restart the program at any time by clicking the course link in your account.
If the presentation does not start, it is most likely a problem with your flash player - it needs to be installed or updated. This is a free program from Adobe. Simply click here and then click on the install button. After you load the program, log back into the course and the video should operate normally.
Course notes and handouts are in the left upper pod and are downloadable. Simply click on the file you wish to down load and save to your computer or print.
VERY Important: I-Devices/Android Users
The presentation contains flash which the Ipad/Iphone normally does not play. However, there is a solution available! Go to app store and enter: Puffin and install the Puffin Pro Browser. This is a browser alternative to Safari and is the best browser you will ever use on your Iphone/Ipad. The Puffin Pro Browser will run flash presentations on your Ipad/Iphone.
Most Android Devices are fully compatible with our website. However, there are some Android Devices that don't allow flash to be installed so it will be problem with some of our courses. There is a very simple solution. Go to Play Store and enter: Puffin and install the Puffin Pro Browser. The Puffin Pro Browser will run any of our courses encoded in flash on your Android Device.