Sports Injuries 251: Shoulder Update
This course is accredited in the following states:
Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming,
This course is accredited in the following Canadian Provinces:
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Yukon,
The More Courses You Take, The More You Save! Now You Can Bundle Webinars & Recorded Classes!
If You Purchase 6-9 Hours Use Promo Code “6hbc” During Check Out & Save 10%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
If You Purchase 10 Hours or More Use Promo Code “10hbc” During Check Out & Save 20%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
To access the meeting room log in to your home page at www.ccedseminars.com and click on purchased course. You can log in & out of the meeting room as needed! (The meeting room may take 30-60 seconds to load depending on connection speed.)
Proof of attendance can be printed from your account upon course completion.
Topic: Sports Medicine 251: Shoulder Update
Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Dennis O’Hara, DC, DACBSP
Course Description: Sports Injuries of the shoulder. This presentation will emphasize the functional analysis of shoulder injuries, and it will expand your sports chiropractic skill set while you earn Chiropractic Continuing Education.
- The functional analysis of shoulder injuries
- The abnormal biomechanics associated with shoulder injuries
- Clinical conditions and considerations
- Current research related to shoulder injuries
- Discuss and understand the anatomy of the shoulder
- Discuss the biomechanics of the shoulder
- Understanding treatments available for shoulder injuries
- Analysis of treatment outcomes through reviewing of the literature
Dr. Dennis O’Hara was born and raised on Long Island, NY and became a chiropractic advocate while being helped through chiropractic treatment of numerous sports injuries. Dr. O’Hara graduated from National College of Chiropractic in April 1992 with a B.S. in Human Biology and a Doctorate in Chiropractic. Dr. O’Hara continued his education with a Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians. Dr. O’Hara has been practicing for 28 years with clinical emphasis focusing on Sports injuries, biomechanical correction and rehabilitation. He has worked with both amateur and professional athletes and was the team chiropractic physician for the Washington DC United MLS soccer from 1996-1998. Dr. O’Hara also had been a sideline doctor for multiple High School sports and a ringside physician for amateur MMA (2009-2015). Dr. O’Hara’s remains in private practice in Tampa Florida. He is part of the post graduate faculty for Texas Chiropractic College and continues his passion for chiropractic through teaching post-graduate education.
Before you start the presentation, please read this important information:
- Be sure you are using a computer with speakers and turn the volume up or you will not hear the presentation.
- Once the Presentation window opens, allow a few seconds to a couple of minutes for it to load.
- There are controls on the bottom of the presentation window to allow you to back up or pause the presentation. You may need to use the side scroll bar to see the controls (this depends on your screen resolution).
- When you are done viewing the presentation, close the presentation window. If you do not complete the course you may restart the program at any time by clicking the course link in your account.
If the presentation does not start, it is most likely a problem with your flash player - it needs to be installed or updated. This is a free program from Adobe. Simply click here and then click on the install button. After you load the program, log back into the course and the video should operate normally.
Course notes and handouts are in the left upper pod and are downloadable. Simply click on the file you wish to down load and save to your computer or print.
VERY Important: I-Devices/Android Users
The presentation contains flash which the Ipad/Iphone normally does not play. However, there is a solution available! Go to app store and enter: Puffin and install the Puffin Pro Browser. This is a browser alternative to Safari and is the best browser you will ever use on your Iphone/Ipad. The Puffin Pro Browser will run flash presentations on your Ipad/Iphone.
Most Android Devices are fully compatible with our website. However, there are some Android Devices that don't allow flash to be installed so it will be problem with some of our courses. There is a very simple solution. Go to Play Store and enter: Puffin and install the Puffin Pro Browser. The Puffin Pro Browser will run any of our courses encoded in flash on your Android Device.