Radiology 217: Case Studies in Radiology III
This course is accredited in the following states:
Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming,
This course is accredited in the following Canadian Provinces:
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Yukon,
The More Courses You Take, The More You Save! Now You Can Bundle Webinars & Recorded Classes!
If You Purchase 6-9 Hours Use Promo Code “6hbc” During Check Out & Save 10%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
If You Purchase 10 Hours or More Use Promo Code “10hbc” During Check Out & Save 20%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
To access the meeting room log in to your home page at www.ccedseminars.com and click on purchased course. You can log in & out of the meeting room as needed! (The meeting room may take 30-60 seconds to load depending on connection speed.)
Proof of attendance can be printed from your account upon course completion.
Topic: Radiology 217: Case Studies in Radiology III
Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Sandra Norton, DC, DACBR
Course Description: Explore a day in the life of a Chiropractic Radiologist. Several “Typical” and sometimes not so “Typical” radiology cases that occur in reading practice.
- Introduction to Chiropractic Radiology
- A review of “standard” imaging practices
- Case studies of common conditions in a radiology reading practice with clinical correlations, follow-up and impacts on treatment
- Case studies of uncommon or even bizarre conditions in a radiology reading practice with clinical correlations, follow-up and impacts on treatment
- Discuss a range of cases that come into a typical radiology reading practice
- Explain when a chiropractic radiologist can/should be consulted
- Illustrate when appropriate follow-ups are necessary
- Outline variables that may affect patient management
Chiropractic Radiologist Dr. Sandra Norton is a graduate of Cleveland Chiropractic College where she also completed her post-graduate Radiology training. Dr. Norton is currently a Parker University College of Chiropractic Associate Professor (Full-time), and a previous Instructor at Cleveland Chiropractic College in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Norton is an Instructor Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Radiology and is also certified in animal chiropractic by the American Veterinarian Chiropractic Association. Dr. Norton has taught courses in Applications in Diagnostic Imaging, Fundamentals of Diagnostic Imaging (X-ray Physics and Technology) with lab, Normal Radiographic Anatomy (including normal variants) with labs, Bone Pathology I labs (topics include tumors, metabolic/endocrine, vascular, infection), Bone Pathology II (topics included trauma, arthritides, dysplasias, and metabolic disorders), Soft Tissue Pathology (Chest and Abdomen), X-ray Procedures and Positioning, Clinical floor duties and resident training sessions. Dr. Norton is passionate about teaching and nurturing the intellectual evolution of students in an evidence-based, critical thinking, academic environment. Dr. Norton strives to continue to learn all fields of radiology and make applicable to the changing environment of Chiropractic and the subluxation complex. Dr. Norton also desires to strengthen the future of chiropractic by bringing health care to those who need it in all areas of the globe and educate others about chiropractic. Dr. Norton came highly recommended to us by her current and former students and colleagues. She is well loved and admired for her gift of humor, enthusiastic teaching style and dedication to the Chiropractic profession.
Before you start the presentation, please read this important information:
- Be sure you are using a computer with speakers and turn the volume up or you will not hear the presentation.
- Once the Presentation window opens, allow a few seconds to a couple of minutes for it to load.
- There are controls on the bottom of the presentation window to allow you to back up or pause the presentation. You may need to use the side scroll bar to see the controls (this depends on your screen resolution).
- When you are done viewing the presentation, close the presentation window. If you do not complete the course you may restart the program at any time by clicking the course link in your account.
If the presentation does not start, it is most likely a problem with your flash player - it needs to be installed or updated. This is a free program from Adobe. Simply click here and then click on the install button. After you load the program, log back into the course and the video should operate normally.
Course notes and handouts are in the left upper pod and are downloadable. Simply click on the file you wish to down load and save to your computer or print.
VERY Important: I-Devices/Android Users
The presentation contains flash which the Ipad/Iphone normally does not play. However, there is a solution available! Go to app store and enter: Puffin and install the Puffin Pro Browser. This is a browser alternative to Safari and is the best browser you will ever use on your Iphone/Ipad. The Puffin Pro Browser will run flash presentations on your Ipad/Iphone.
Most Android Devices are fully compatible with our website. However, there are some Android Devices that don't allow flash to be installed so it will be problem with some of our courses. There is a very simple solution. Go to Play Store and enter: Puffin and install the Puffin Pro Browser. The Puffin Pro Browser will run any of our courses encoded in flash on your Android Device.