Nutrition 226: Women's Health Issues - Focus on Menopause and Estrogen and the Relationship to the Musculoskeletal System
This course is accredited in the following states:
Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming,
This course is accredited in the following Canadian Provinces:
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Yukon,
The More Courses You Take, The More You Save! Now You Can Bundle Webinars & Recorded Classes!
If You Purchase 6-9 Hours Use Promo Code “6hbc” During Check Out & Save 10%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
If You Purchase 10 Hours or More Use Promo Code “10hbc” During Check Out & Save 20%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
To access the meeting room log in to your home page at www.ccedseminars.com and click on purchased course. You can log in & out of the meeting room as needed! (The meeting room may take 30-60 seconds to load depending on connection speed.)
Proof of attendance can be printed from your account upon course completion.
Topic: Nutrition 226: Women's Health Issues - Focus on Menopause and Estrogen and the Relationship to the Musculoskeletal System.
Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Dr. Howard Benedikt, DC, DCBCN
Course Description: This two-hour nutritional course will cover the topic of Women’s Health Issues, specifically focusing on Menopause and Estrogen. What are the symptoms that are commonly expressed and how to maintain wellness in relationship to the musculoskeletal system?
- How a loss of estrogen affects the entire body to include metabolic health, brain, musculature, bone and cardiovascular health
- Symptoms commonly expressed by women
- Modalities to modify estrogen loss and improve musculoskeletal health
- Discuss lifestyle strategies that support women’s health
- Understand the role of estrogen in women’s health
- Examine ways to maintain wellness and why it is so important
- Explain how a loss of estrogen affects the entire body
- What strategies can be put into place to help support the health of your patient
Howard Benedikt, DC, DCBCN has treated 1,000s of patients in his 38 years as a chiropractor. He attended Queens College, Flushing, where he received a BS degree. He then went on to study at the National University of Health Sciences in Lombard, Illinois, receiving his Doctor of Chiropractic. After several years of practice he obtained an MS in Human Biology/Anatomy from CW Post Center of Long Island University. He is a diplomate of the Chiropractic Board of Clinical Nutrition. He has lectured around the country on nutrition and holds teaching positions with New York Chiropractic College as well as Berkeley College in New York City. He maintains a private practice in New York, focusing on wellness and functional medicine. His passion lies in his vision to help each and every patient achieve their optimal health and wellness. He combines traditional chiropractic care along with deep tissue and trigger point therapies and uses the latest adjunctive modalities such as ultrasound, muscle stimulation, cold light laser therapy and soft tissue mobilization.
Before you start the presentation, please read this important information:
- Be sure you are using a computer with speakers and turn the volume up or you will not hear the presentation.
- Once the Presentation window opens, allow a few seconds to a couple of minutes for it to load.
- There are controls on the bottom of the presentation window to allow you to back up or pause the presentation. You may need to use the side scroll bar to see the controls (this depends on your screen resolution).
- When you are done viewing the presentation, close the presentation window. If you do not complete the course you may restart the program at any time by clicking the course link in your account.
Follow the links in the course video description to view the PDF notes, handouts, and resources for this presentation.