Sports Injuries 237: Common Conditions Presented to the Sports Chiropractic Practice
This course is accredited in the following states:
Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming,
This course is accredited in the following Canadian Provinces:
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Yukon,
The More Courses You Take, The More You Save! Now You Can Bundle Webinars & Recorded Classes!
If You Purchase 6-9 Hours Use Promo Code “6hbc” During Check Out & Save 10%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
If You Purchase 10 Hours or More Use Promo Code “10hbc” During Check Out & Save 20%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
To access the meeting room log in to your home page at www.ccedseminars.com and click on purchased course. You can log in & out of the meeting room as needed! (The meeting room may take 30-60 seconds to load depending on connection speed.)
Proof of attendance can be printed from your account upon course completion.
Topic: Sports Injuries 237: Common Conditions presented to the Sports Chiropractic Practice
Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Dennis O’Hara, DC, DACBSP
Course Description: this course introduces the common conditions presented to the sports chiropractic practice. We will look at each condition, and how we treat the condition within our practice expanding your chiropractic sports medicine skill set.
- Introduction to chiropractic sports medicine
- How do we approach the sports injury
- Setting treatment goals for the athlete
- Presented conditions
- Illustrate the approach of chiropractic sports medicine
- Understand sports injuries
- Discuss the importance of understanding the athletic mindset and the effect on your treatment approach
- Summarize the conditions presented
Dr. Dennis O’Hara was born and raised on Long Island, NY and became a chiropractic advocate while being helped through chiropractic treatment of numerous sports injuries. Dr. O’Hara graduated from National College of Chiropractic in April 1992 with a B.S. in Human Biology and a Doctorate in Chiropractic. Dr. O’Hara continued his education with a Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians. Dr. O’Hara has been practicing for 28 years with clinical emphasis focusing on Sports injuries, biomechanical correction and rehabilitation. He has worked with both amateur and professional athletes and was the team chiropractic physician for the Washington DC United MLS soccer from 1996-1998. Dr. O’Hara also had been a sideline doctor for multiple High School sports and a ringside physician for amateur MMA (2009-2015). Dr. O’Hara’s remains in private practice in Tampa Florida. He is part of the post graduate faculty for Texas Chiropractic College and continues his passion for chiropractic through teaching post-graduate education.
Before you start the presentation, please read this important information:
- Be sure you are using a computer with speakers and turn the volume up or you will not hear the presentation.
- Once the Presentation window opens, allow a few seconds to a couple of minutes for it to load.
- There are controls on the bottom of the presentation window to allow you to back up or pause the presentation. You may need to use the side scroll bar to see the controls (this depends on your screen resolution).
- When you are done viewing the presentation, close the presentation window. If you do not complete the course you may restart the program at any time by clicking the course link in your account.
Follow the links in the course video description to view the PDF notes, handouts, and resources for this presentation.