Sports Medicine 229: Lumbar Spine Conditions III
This course is accredited in the following states:
Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming,
This course is accredited in the following Canadian Provinces:
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Yukon,
The More Courses You Take, The More You Save! Now You Can Bundle Webinars & Recorded Classes!
If You Purchase 6-9 Hours Use Promo Code “6hbc” During Check Out & Save 10%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
If You Purchase 10 Hours or More Use Promo Code “10hbc” During Check Out & Save 20%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
To access the meeting room log in to your home page at www.ccedseminars.com and click on purchased course. You can log in & out of the meeting room as needed! (The meeting room may take 30-60 seconds to load depending on connection speed.)
Proof of attendance can be printed from your account upon course completion.
Topic: Sports Medicine 229: Lumbar Spine Conditions III
Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Dr. Donald Ozello, DC
Course Description: Athletes frequently suffer lumbar spine injuries. This course covers the anatomy of the lumbar spine and the mechanism of common lower back injuries, with emphasis on conditions involving the joints and vertebrae. This class teaches consultation, examination and imaging specifics to better diagnosis and treat athletes of all ages, sports, levels and abilities. This presentation contains educational materials to better perform in-office treatment and to educate athletes on self-treatment techniques.
- Description of conditions involving the vertebrae and joints of the lumbar spine
- Mechanism of sports-related lumbar spine injuries with emphasis on injuries to the bones and joints
- In-office chiropractic treatment strategies
- Patient education techniques for self-treatment and recovery
- Develop a better understanding of anatomy & physiology of the lumbar spine joints and vertebrae
- Increase clinical knowledge to properly diagnosis and treat sports related lumbar spine injuries
- Learn tools to better educate patients in prevention and self-management of common lumbar spine conditions
- Apply new skills in the management of sports injuries
Donald A. Ozello, DC graduated from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic in 1995. He is the owner and treating doctor at Championship Chiropractic in Las Vegas, Nevada. His mission is to educate and inspire others to live healthier, fitter, more functional lives. He has a family practice but his passion is treating sports injuries.
Dr. Donald A. Ozello is the author of “Running: Maximize Performance & Minimize Injuries.” He is published in The Las Vegas Informer, OnFitness Magazine, Las Vegas Man Magazine, LiveStrong.com and SpineUniverse.com. He posts educational video courses on Curious.com and YouTube. His video show, Dr Ozello’s Sports Medicine Report, is published on YouTube every Thursday. His video show, Two Minutes of Anatomy is published on YouTube every Monday and his newest video show, Championship Fitness is published every Tuesday.
Dr. Donald A. Ozello is a fitness enthusiast. Functional kettlebell training, running, bike riding and core training are his favorite forms of exercise. Before pursuing his career in Chiropractic, Donald served in the United States Navy aboard the USS Bremerton, SSN 698.
Before you start the presentation, please read this important information:
- Be sure you are using a computer with speakers and turn the volume up or you will not hear the presentation.
- Once the Presentation window opens, allow a few seconds to a couple of minutes for it to load.
- There are controls on the bottom of the presentation window to allow you to back up or pause the presentation. You may need to use the side scroll bar to see the controls (this depends on your screen resolution).
- When you are done viewing the presentation, close the presentation window. If you do not complete the course you may restart the program at any time by clicking the course link in your account.
If the presentation does not start, it is most likely a problem with your flash player - it needs to be installed or updated. This is a free program from Adobe. Simply click here and then click on the install button. After you load the program, log back into the course and the video should operate normally.
Course notes and handouts are in the left upper pod and are downloadable. Simply click on the file you wish to down load and save to your computer or print.
VERY Important: I-Devices/Android Users
The presentation contains flash which the Ipad/Iphone normally does not play. However, there is a solution available! Go to app store and enter: Puffin and install the Puffin Browser. This is a browser alternative to Safari and is the best browser you will ever use on your Iphone/Ipad. The Puffin Browser will run flash presentations on your Ipad/Iphone.
Most Android Devices are fully compatible with our website. However, there are some Android Devices that don't allow flash to be installed so it will be problem with some of our courses. There is a very simple solution. Go to Play Store and enter: Puffin and install the Puffin Browser. The Puffin Browser will run any of our courses encoded in flash on your Android Device.