Sports Injuries 227: Core Training for Athletes
This course is accredited in the following states:
Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming,
This course is accredited in the following Canadian Provinces:
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Yukon,
The More Courses You Take, The More You Save! Now You Can Bundle Webinars & Recorded Classes!
If You Purchase 6-9 Hours Use Promo Code “6hbc” During Check Out & Save 10%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
If You Purchase 10 Hours or More Use Promo Code “10hbc” During Check Out & Save 20%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
To access the meeting room log in to your home page at www.ccedseminars.com and click on purchased course. You can log in & out of the meeting room as needed! (The meeting room may take 30-60 seconds to load depending on connection speed.)
Proof of attendance can be printed from your account upon course completion.
Topic: Sports Injuries 227: Core Training for Athletes
Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Dr. Donald Ozello, DC
Course Description: Core strength & stability is incredibly important for athletes of all abilities, talent levels and sports. This course covers exercises that athletes of all ages can utilize to develop a stronger core to enhance performance & prevent injuries. Single joint and multi-joint core strengthening & stabilizing exercises from a variety of angles are explained and demonstrated. Learn patient education tools on the significance and benefits of core training to establish an even more powerful doctor-patient relationship.
- Importance of core strength and stability
- Injuries and performance limiting conditions due to lack of core strength and stability
- Patient education strategies for injury prevention & management
- Description and demonstration of core strengthening & stabilizing exercises
- Explain the of benefits of core training for athletes of all sports, ages and abilities
- Develop improved ability to teach patients beginning, intermediated and advanced core training exercises
- Discuss single joint, multi-joint, multi-plane and functional core strengthening exercises
- Demonstrate core strengthening & stabilizing exercises
Donald A. Ozello, DC graduated from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic in 1995. He is the owner and treating doctor at Championship Chiropractic in Las Vegas, Nevada. His mission is to educate and inspire others to live healthier, fitter, more functional lives. He has a family practice but his passion is treating sports injuries.
Dr. Donald A. Ozello is the author of “Running: Maximize Performance & Minimize Injuries.” He is published in The Las Vegas Informer, OnFitness Magazine, Las Vegas Man Magazine, LiveStrong.com and SpineUniverse.com. He posts educational video courses on Curious.com and YouTube. His video show, Dr Ozello’s Sports Medicine Report, is published on YouTube every Thursday. His video show, Two Minutes of Anatomy is published on YouTube every Monday and his newest video show, Championship Fitness is published every Tuesday.
Dr. Donald A. Ozello is a fitness enthusiast. Functional kettlebell training, running, bike riding and core training are his favorite forms of exercise. Before pursuing his career in Chiropractic, Donald served in the United States Navy aboard the USS Bremerton, SSN 698.
Before you start the presentation, please read this important information:
- Be sure you are using a computer with speakers and turn the volume up or you will not hear the presentation.
- Once the Presentation window opens, allow a few seconds to a couple of minutes for it to load.
- There are controls on the bottom of the presentation window to allow you to back up or pause the presentation. You may need to use the side scroll bar to see the controls (this depends on your screen resolution).
- When you are done viewing the presentation, close the presentation window. If you do not complete the course you may restart the program at any time by clicking the course link in your account.
Follow the links in the course video description to view the PDF notes, handouts, and resources for this presentation.