This course is accredited in the following states:
Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming,
This course is accredited in the following Canadian Provinces:
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Yukon,
The More Courses You Take, The More You Save! Now You Can Bundle Webinars & Recorded Classes!
If You Purchase 6-9 Hours Use Promo Code “6hbc” During Check Out & Save 10%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
If You Purchase 10 Hours or More Use Promo Code “10hbc” During Check Out & Save 20%. This Offer Applies To Live Webinars & Recorded Online Classes.
To access the meeting room log in to your home page at www.ccedseminars.com and click on purchased course. You can log in & out of the meeting room as needed! (The meeting room may take 30-60 seconds to load depending on connection speed.)
Proof of attendance can be printed from your account upon course completion.
Topic: Whiplash 201: Introduction to Whiplash Associated Disorders
Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Steve Yeomans, DC, FACO
Course Description: Whiplash Associated Disorder is a complex treatment challenge that requires specialized training to successfully manage. This course series is a detailed study that thoroughly examines all phases of management from intake forms through discharge. In this course you will learn factors influencing injury, how to manage the peer review and how to bullet proof your documentation.
Additionally, head restraints, phases of rear-end collision, and pain generators will be closely examined. This course will take your management of WAD to a new level!
- PI Definition: MVC & slip/falls
- Probability of peer review
- Documentation technology options
II. WAD Definition
- Origins of whiplash
- G-Forces of the vehicle, shoulders, vs. head
- Factors influencing injuries
- Head restraints, ramping, rebound, and rotation
- Phases of a rear-end collision
- Pain generators
- Internalize common definitions relating to WAD
- Design strategies to “win” the peer review process
- Demonstrate factors affecting injury
- Diagram the phases of rear-end collisions
Dr. Steven G. Yeomans began his practice in 1979 by joining his father as a third generation chiropractor in Ripon, WI. He completed a 5-year residency orthopedic program and became board certified in 1985. He accepted his first post-graduate teaching position with the National College of Chiropractic in 1989 and since, has acquired chiropractic post-graduate teaching positions with 7 other Chiropractic colleges. Since 1984, Dr. Yeomans has lectured abroad and throughout the U.S. and Canada on topics including Impairment and disability rating (currently 6th edition), Industrial consulting, carpal tunnel syndrome and cumulative trauma disorders, rehabilitation, whiplash, documentation, physical therapy, outcomes assessment and orthopedics. In the year 2000, the textbook, The Clinical Application of Outcomes Assessment was released by Appleton & Lange. He maintains his private practice in Ripon, WI with a partner and continues to actively write and lecture.
Before you start the presentation, please read this important information:
- Be sure you are using a computer with speakers and turn the volume up or you will not hear the presentation.
- Once the Presentation window opens, allow a few seconds to a couple of minutes for it to load.
- There are controls on the bottom of the presentation window to allow you to back up or pause the presentation. You may need to use the side scroll bar to see the controls (this depends on your screen resolution).
- When you are done viewing the presentation, close the presentation window. If you do not complete the course you may restart the program at any time by clicking the course link in your account.
Follow the links in the course video description to view the PDF notes, handouts, and resources for this presentation.