Posted on Jul 12, 2016
Join us for tonight's sports medicine webinar with Dr. Donald Ozello
This evening, Tuesday, July 12th from 7:00-9:00 PM Central Time Dr. Donald Ozello will present "Sports Medicine 321: Senior Athletes"
07/12/16 7-9 PM CT
Topic: Sports Medicine 321: Senior Athletes
Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Donald A. Ozello DC
Course Description: Many athletes continue to train, compete and excel as they age. These determined athletes need quality chiropractic care. This comprehensive course covers the distinct challenges that aging athletes face. This class teaches consultation, examination and imaging specifics to better diagnosis and treat mature athletes and the conditions most common to them. This presentation contains educational materials to better perform in-office treatment and to better educate senior athletes on prevention, self-treatment and recovery techniques.
1) Description of conditions most common to senior athletes.
2) Mechanism of sports-related Injuries with emphasis on prevention & management for mature athletes.
3) In-office chiropractic treatment for senior athletes.
4) Patient education strategies for prevention, self-treatment and recovery.
1) Better understanding of anatomy & physiology of joints and muscles in the older population.
2) Increased clinical knowledge to properly diagnosis and treat sports-associated injuries in senior athletes.
3) Learn tools to better educate seniors in prevention and self-management of common sports injures.
Donald A. Ozello, DC graduated from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic in 1995. He is the owner and treating doctor at Championship Chiropractic in Las Vegas, Nevada. His mission is to educate and inspire others to live healthier, fitter, more functional lives. He has a family practice but his passion is treating sports injuries. Dr. Donald A. Ozello is the author of “Running: Maximize Performance & Minimize Injuries: A Chiropractor’s Guide to Minimizing the Potential for Running Injuries.” He writes a weekly health, fitness and nutrition column for The Las Vegas Informer. He is published in OnFitness Magazine, Las Vegas Man Magazine, LiveStrong.com and SpineUniverse.com. Dr. Donald A. Ozello is a fitness enthusiast. Functional kettlebell training, running and bike riding are his favorite forms of exercise. Before pursuing his career in Chiropractic, Donald served in the United States Navy aboard the USS Bremerton, SSN 698.