Posted on Jun 16, 2016
Do not put off your continuing education until the last moment.
This evening, June 16th from 7:00-9:00 PM Central Time Dr. Donald Ozello will present "Sports Medicine 320: Lumbar Spine Conditions II"
06/16/16 7-9PM CT
Topic: Sports Medicine 320: Lumbar Spine Conditions (Part 2)
Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Donald Ozello, DC
Course Description: Athletes of all ages, sports, levels and abilities can suffer lower back injuries. This comprehensive course covers the anatomy of the lumbar spine and the mechanism of common low back injuries, with emphasis on conditions involving the muscles, tendons and ligaments that affect athletes. This class teaches consultation, examination and imaging specifics to better diagnosis and treat athletes. This presentation contains educational materials to better perform in-office treatment and to better educate the patient on self-treatment and recovery strategies.
1) Description of conditions involving the muscles, tendons and ligaments of the lumbar spine.
2) Mechanism of sports-related lower back Injuries with emphasis on injuries to the muscle, tendons and ligaments.
3) In-office chiropractic treatment.
4) Patient education strategies for self-treatment and recovery.
1) Develop a better understanding of anatomy & physiology of lumbar spine.
2) Increase clinical knowledge to properly diagnosis and treat sports related lower back injuries..
3) Learn tools to better educate patients in prevention and self-management of common lower back conditions.
4) Apply new skills in the management of sports injuries
Donald A. Ozello, DC graduated from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic in 1995. He is the owner and treating doctor at Championship Chiropractic in Las Vegas, Nevada. His mission is to educate and inspire others to live healthier, fitter, more functional lives. He has a family practice but his passion is treating sports injuries. Dr. Donald A. Ozello is the author of “Running: Maximize Performance & Minimize Injuries: A Chiropractor’s Guide to Minimizing the Potential for Running Injuries.” He writes a weekly health, fitness and nutrition column for The Las Vegas Informer. He is published in OnFitness Magazine, Las Vegas Man Magazine, LiveStrong.com and SpineUniverse.com. Dr. Donald A. Ozello is a fitness enthusiast. Functional kettlebell training, running and bike riding are his favorite forms of exercise. Before pursuing his career in Chiropractic, Donald served in the United States Navy aboard the USS Bremerton, SSN 698.