TBCE February 2015

Posted on Feb 10, 2015

TBCE February 2015

Every licensee renewing an active chiropractic license must meet the CE requirements outlined in Board Rule 75.5.

Basically, you must complete 16 hours of Continuing Education (CE) each renewal cycle, four of which are in Board-required topics. No more than six hours may be obtained through online courses. However, webinars are treated as live courses in Texas.

The 16 hours may be completed at any course or seminar chosen by the licensee, as long as the course or seminar has been approved in advance by the Board. (You can check on approved courses on our homepage at www.tbce.state.tx.us under the “Continuing Education” link.)

If you fail to complete your 16 hours, your license will be renewed, but it will be placed in a probated status for up to 12 months.
At the conclusion of the 12 months, if you still have not remedied the delinquent CE hours, your license will be considered expired, backdated to the beginning date of the probationary year.

Note, this renders your license non-renewable, and you will need to apply as a new licensee for a new license.

All licensees were required to obtain eight hours of CE during either calendar year 2011 or 2012 in Medicare coding and documentation. (These eight hours could be counted as part of that year’s 16 CE hours.) If you failed to complete these eight hours in Medicare coding and documentation, the same probation period applies as previously described.

Bottom line: Your CE course sponsor is responsible for submitting a roster to the Board, which we use to credit licensee hours.

The Board is auditing licensee CE completion UPON renewal and is checking to make sure everyone is current on CE requirements. Don’t risk your license by not completing your hours.

To check on whether your hours are up-to-date and complete, contact Sarah Matthews, Licensing Assistant, at sarah@tbce.state.tx.us or 512-305-6707. ♦

View a complete list of our Board Approved Courses visit us at www.ccedseminars.com, and for Doctors in other states you can view your state board requirements through the links on www.ccedseminars.com as well.

<< Back